Today, the bulk of the world’s waste stream consists of the leftover remnants of a technological universe expanding at astronomical rates.
1. The global e-waste stream creates a large volume of toxic waste.
2. Significant health impacts accompany high e-waste streams.
3. Transport from developed countries to underdeveloped countries is currently under pressure and scrutiny.
4. The Basel Convention is international legislation controlling the movement of e-waste around the world.
5. Several countries are capitalizing from the extraction of precious metals from e-waste streams.
6. Prevention at the design stage is a current trend in addressing the current global e-waste crisis.
7. Future projections predict even greater streams of e-waste.